Saturday, April 18, 2015

Recovery Week 4: Exercise after Bunion Surgery

Really feeling the bones settling and the muscles melting to atrophy this point. This week I will try to ween off the the pain meds and I must say week 4 has had an uncomfortable start. I think it might be because I've been trying to do some of the housecleaning and laundry. What causes the most discomfort is the swelling within the cast and the surgical site (stitches) rubbing up against the cast.  Been adding a cold compress to foot in 30 minute intervals. All I can do safely is sit here and blog and do some light exercise. I can't complain!

Here is a list of youtube videos that are injury friendly:

1. This is a good start for your day. 


I also enjoyed her 20 tips and observations on How to Survive a Broken Foot . I thought it was genius to place a picnic cooler in the tub to facilitate bathing. This blog also has a nice section that lists resources where one can learn to code. Another thing I can do with all this downtime!


2. Kick it up a notch with some cardio.




I felt accomplished after following the video above.

3. End it with a yoga sequence for broken leg/ankle/foot.




This first part is a good stretch. The last part of the yoga sequence is pretty advanced. I can't put my leg behind my head to do the arm balance but it is something to aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment